Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Event description: The Pension Rights Center is hosting a free legal clinic to assist people who may have questions about their pension or retirement savings plans. Experienced pension attorneys will be available to meet one-on-one with individuals seeking answers to questions about their traditional pension, 401(k), or other employer-sponsored retirement plan.
Attorneys will be able to assist with questions such as:
- Did I earn a pension from a former employer? If so, how do I claim it?
- I am certain that I qualified for a pension at a job, but the company says that I didn’t (or they say that my pension is much lower than I expected). What can I do?
- My contributions to my 401(k) plan haven’t been showing up or take months to show up. What are my rights?
- My pension plan overpaid me for several years. Now it says that I have to pay back the overpayment all at once. What can I do?
- Will I get benefits from my spouse’s pension when he/she dies?
- What happens to my pension or 401(k) if I get divorced? If my spouse has a pension or 401(k), what are my rights in divorce?
To register: Call the Pension Rights Center at (202) 296-3776 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.