Legal Director Job
The Pension Rights Center is seeking a dynamic, passionate, public interest-oriented lawyer to direct our legal program. The Center is a 45-year-old consumer organization that works to protect and promote the retirement security of workers, retirees, and their families.
PRC serves as the national resource center for six federally-funded regional pension counseling projects. The projects help individuals in 30 states obtain the pension, 401(k) and other retirement benefits they have earned, recovering more than $250 million in wrongly-denied benefits for tens of thousands of workers, retirees and their families. We provide the projects with legal and programmatic assistance and training. We also help clients directly, advise and train other lawyers, file amicus briefs, and operate online referral services.
The Legal Director
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Center’s legal program
- Works with the Center’s legal program staff and consultants
- Provides legal advice to counseling project and other attorneys and to PRC referrals staff
- Coordinates an annual training conference for the counseling project attorneys
- Develops training materials and webinars for counseling project and legal services attorneys
- Writes grant reports and proposals and serves as Counsel to the Center
- Speaks at conferences and writes fact sheets and blog posts for the Center’s website
- Analyzes counseling program data to promote the projects and identify systemic issues
- Works with PRC staff on the Center’s divorce and other legal and educational initiatives
Preferred qualifications include –
- Licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia or eligibility to join the DC Bar
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an ERISA or legal services attorney or program manager.
- Excellent written, communications, public speaking, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with developing and coordinating legal trainings, conferences, and webinars
- A creative self-starter who can work well independently and also as part of a team
- An interest in coming up with innovative solutions to challenging legal problems
- A dedication to mission-driven public interest work and to issues of economic equity
- A positive can-do, anything-that-needs-doing, attitude and a sense of humor
Salary range is $105,000 to $120,000 commensurate with experience. We provide employer-paid health insurance, disability, and retirement benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining an equitable and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or gender identity.
To apply, send the following documents to jobs [@] pensionrights.org:
Additional documents and references may be requested.